EVOLUTION is changing the lives of players by creating success in the game and beyond!
We succeed by empowering our players to find their personal success and potential. By utilizing a holistic approach, our staff inspires players to reach their goals both mentally and physically through the absolute best training, clinics, and camps.
We do what is best for the player, their development, and them as a person. We achieve this goal by building long-term, meaningful relationships with our players and their families.
We instill the love of the game in every player by using basketball as a platform for teaching success in life.
We act and think as professionals. As role models, we help players reach their goals and be successful in their future beyond basketball.
We make decisions based on preserving the game we love through a fundamentals first approach and honoring basketball as an avenue for opportunity.
Evolution has a variety of programs all designed to provide different results for different level players. Below you’ll find a clear breakdown of what we offer:
Travel, AAU, or High School Experience!
Available Year-round! We have developed numerous Pros, over 250 College Players, and 10,000+ varsity players!
House, CYO, or Beginner Experience!
Available Year-round! Learn to love the game while improving skills & understanding of the game!
Travel, House, CYO, or Beginner Experience!
Camps Are available throughout the year! Summer Camps, Winter Break Camps, Spring Break Camps, & more!
Travel, House, CYO, or Beginner Experience!
Combine skill development with a full season of games! Coached by Evolution’s staff & high school coaches!
What Programs Fit my Child Best?
Youth Development Programs:
Elite Development Programs:
- Evolution has been changing the lives of players through basketball training for nearly 15 years mainly in Northern VA, but also across the entire DC area.
- We estimate that over 15,000 players have trained with Evolution since 2002 starting with our humble beginnings of training at outdoor courts or any gym we could sneak into.
- We got our first, very small, training warehouse in Merrifield (Fairfax) in 2004 and upgraded to a slightly large facility in 2007. In 2013 we opened up our facility in Ashburn; two years later in the fall of 2015 we built out our current facility in Merrifield. See our locations!
- More than 225 players who have trained with Evolution have gone on to play College Basketball. We take pride in the fact that most of those players started training with us in Elementary and Middle School. See the full list!
- Evolution has cultivated a staff of professional trainers who bring diverse backgrounds with high level playing experience. We are very proud of our staff and their personal success, as well as the mentorship they provide the players they train. See the staff!
- Through our extensive training experience, Evolution is proud to provide a variety of programs for players to help them each achieve their unique goals. See the programs below!
- Evolution is proud to work with some community based groups in our area and around the world. They are organizations that are near and dear to our hearts. See how we like to give back!
Just wanted to let you know how fantastic Davis and I thought Wednesday night’s training session was. I love the teaching aspect and immediate feedback on methods of play and strategy! Davis was so excited about the experience that he was not able to fall asleep until the early morning hours today!
Evolution provides a focus on skills that coaches are unable to provide in a team environment, yet are critical to an individual’s development. The Evolution staff is extremely knowledgeable in the detailed elements of skills development, and have the ability to translate into digestible and fun training techniques
He had nothing but positive things to say about the camp and staff. He was excited to attend all three days. The kid even practiced at home! Happy kid, happy parent 🙂 Thank you for the positive experience! Keep the great job and we look forward to enrolling Jalen in future programs.”
I have had the pleasure to watch Alex work on numerous occasions. I am always impressed by his ability to conduct a demanding and skill intensive workout that his players enjoy doing. Through his 10 years of training players of all different ages and skill levels, Alex has developed an understanding of the learning process which enables him to teach the game of basketball at an incredibly efficient and high level.
During training hours the only staff in the building will be our trainers, there is no additional front desk staff. Our training staff are giving their all to the players every minute they are in our facilities, they are usually not able to stop and answer questions. We highly recommend signing up for a free trial to see how we operate and the trainer can answer general questions at that time. You can also call us at 703-282-2944 or email us at email@example.com – we love to talk hoops!
Sorry we missed you, our facilities are only open during active training hours. Please see the question above about how to get more information!
Yes, we really mean free with no strings attached! The best way to see what we do is to experience it, we are so confident in our training and staff that after just one session you will see why we are the best. Just fill out a request for a free trial and our staff will contact you via email to set up a date and time. We will also follow up with you afterwards and really appreciate feedback about how the session went. Here’s the link to a Free Trial!
You can call or email us at 703-282-2944 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to discuss our programs!
You can schedule a free trial, our staff will do our best to find something at the appropriate skill level and advise on the best placement after the free session when we have had time to see your child in action. Free Trial Registration!
Great question! Our sessions are focused around creating well-rounded basketball players. Workouts include drills to improve all fundamental skills such as ball handling, passing, footwork, shooting, body control, and more. We have four main programs; Training, Clinics, Team Evolution, and our Skills Academy Camps. Training includes General Skills Training, Shooting Training, and Performance Training.
The best trainers available. We pride ourselves at being extremely picky about not only basketball, but also who we allow on the court with your child. Our staff consists of professional trainers that are passionate about the game and the development of each of their players on and off the court. Our staff have a depth of experience that is unparalleled ranging from playing high school, college, and professional basketball, as well as coaching in the high school and college ranks. Our top trainers have over a decade of experience training basketball players of all ages! This range of experiences can be seen, as well as some smiling faces, on our Training Staff page.
Absolutely! We take rolling enrollment for Training and Clinics so that you can get started even if you discover us while we are currently in a training season. Our registration system will automatically pro-rate each week on Sunday to provide the discounted rate due to late enrollment. Team Evolution and Skills Academy Camps are holistic programs that we recommend enrolling in for their entirety. You can email the director of ones of these programs if you would like special consideration.
Clinics, Team Evolution, and Skills Academy Camps are scheduled in advance and you select your spot when you register. We schedule on a weekly basis so you are committed to the same day of the week and times for the duration of a season. Our Training programs are scheduled differently, see the next question.
We want our players to be challenged and pushed to reach their highest potential. In order to do this, we carefully craft the schedule each season to create the best possible groups for each player, this is our secret recipe! When you register you will be asked to provide your availability and you will be grouped with other players of a similar age, skill level, and gender. After we create the groups we will email you to confirm that the schedule will work for you. Schedules will be released about a week prior to the start of the season depending upon when you submitted registration. The earlier you register, the sooner we can get you scheduled – the early bird gets the worm!
We currently do not train adults, though we do work with college and professional players. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Our facilities and equipment are only for our training staff and clients, they are not available to rent.
Try Us For FREE!
Training, Clinics, & Team Evolution
1. Cancellation requests submitted prior to the start of a season are eligible for refunds minus a $50 cancellation fee or full credit toward future programs.
2. Cancellation requests submitted after the start of a season will, at our discretion, be honored with a credit toward future programs equivalent to the portion of the season missed.
1. Cancellation requests submitted prior to the start of camp are eligible for refunds minus a $50 cancellation fee or full credit toward future programs.
2. Cancellation requests submitted after the start of a camp will, at our discretion, be honored with a credit toward future programs equivalent to the portion of the camp missed.
Training & Clinics
1. Makeups must be completed within the season in which the missed session(s) occurred.
2. Makeup requests must be made by email to your program director prior to the missed session. We are not able to provide retroactive makeups.
3. All no-shows will be considered lost sessions and makeups will not be provided.
4. You are eligible to receive 2 makeup sessions for every day per week you are registered in the current season. (i.e. if you are registered for 2 sessions per week, you may request up to 4 makeups). All makeup requests are subject to space availability. We will not exceed session enrollment caps to accommodate a makeup.
5. In cases of emergency, please contact your program director.
1. Makeup days are not available for Camps.
Training, Clinics, Camps, & Team Evolution
1. For Training and Clinics, our registration system automatically pro-rates the cost of each season weekly, adjusting the cost according to the date of enrollment. You can register anytime throughout a season.
2. Pro-rated costs or prearranged makeups may be available due to extended vacation, scheduling conflicts, etc. Contact your program director for details.
3. Team Evolution will not be pro-rated.
4. Camp may be pro-rated on a case-by-case basis depending upon the demand for the particular week of camp.